If your family's household income is £42,000 or less, you're entitled to an Aston scholarship.
Aston offers eligible Home and EU students scholarships based on your household income. This is the total amount your family earns each year before tax and National Insurance. Visit the Student Finance England website for details on the definitions of household income.
Remember that whatever your household income, if you achieve AAB or above at A Level (or equivalent), you will also be entitled to an Aston Excellence Scholarship.
Choose how you want your scholarship.
Our scholarships for 2014 entry give students a choice of:
- a discount on Aston University campus accommodation fees, OR
- a discount on tuition fees, OR
- a cash bursary
Scholarships during your placement year are tuition fee discounts only - making the placement year fee free for the majority of our students.
There is no separate application process for these scholarships. We will automatically access your eligibility for these scholarships using the information you supply each year to your appropriate student finance government organisation:
- Student Finance England
- Student Finance Wales
- Student Finance Northern Ireland
- Student Awards Agency for Scotland
- Student Finance Services (EU students)
You can apply to for financial support from the UK Government from the January before your course is due to start. The deadline for applications is normally in the May before your course is due to start.
Your eligibility for an income based scholarship is re-assessed every year.
When will I know I've been awarded a scholarship?
Scholarship entitlement will normally be assessed and approved by the end of November using the information that is available to Aston University at that time. You will then be able to view this information on your MAP account.
National Scholarship Programme (NSP) awards can't be approved until after the start of term three as you need to have lived in University accommodation throughout your first year to be eligible for the NSP.
Aston is part of a Government initiative, the National Scholarship Programme (NSP). To be eligible for the NSP you must:
- be an English domiciled student
- have a household income of £25,000 or less
- live in University accommodation on campus and/or have been identified as as a Care Leaver.
- The NSP is limited to 293 scholarships in 2014. Eligible students who are not awarded the NSP will qualify for other Aston income-based scholarships.