Many sectors are facing technical and professional skills shortages. Help your company get ahead and fill its skills gap, by working with us to design and deliver a Foundation Degree which meets your exact requirements. Alternatively you can send staff on to one of our existing Foundation Degree programmes.
We have strong links with business, industry and the public sector, and have developed Foundation Degrees with organisations such as National Grid, Scottish and Southern Energy, BMW, E.ON UK, SpecSavers and the NHS.
Foundation Degrees can benefit all organisations and businesses, from large multinationals to small local companies, as well as the public sector.
Your employees will:
- study primarily in the workplace, meaning your employees won't need to spends significant amounts of time away from work.
- work on problem-based projects aimed at resolving real-world business issues.
- develop their transferable skills such as communication, team working and problem solving.
- cascade the knowledge acquired to other colleagues
- have increased motivation and commitment to your organisation
- have increased confidence in applying skills and knowledge
How long is a Foundation Degree?
A full-time Foundation Degree usually takes two years to complete. Your employee(s) will undertake work-based learning, supported by a range of online material. They'll also attend lectures by block release or another arrangement which suits your organisation.
After completing a Foundation Degree , your employee can progress to the final year of a relevant full honours degree, which will usually take a further year to complete full time, or two to three years part time.