All Returning students 2014/15 can apply for accommodation from January 2014.
To apply for University accommodation, please complete the on-line application form 2014/15
To apply for University accommodation, please complete the on-line application form 2014/15. Application forms must be returned as soon as you have accepted an unconditional or conditional offer.
- New UK and EU (Non-British)
- International fee-paying and Postgraduate
Accommodation offers - what happens next
- After we receive your application for accommodation and your offer changes from Conditional Firm to Unconditional Firm, an accommodation offer will be sent to you.
- We will make an offer of accommodation which will be sent to the email address you provide on your application form. Therefore, it is important that you check your email regularly, particularly during the summer period. If you are not able to do so, please give someone else, a parent/guardian for example, permission to check for you. Please try to always check your junk mail as some service providers may not accept emails from Aston University.
- You will have 7 days from the date the offer is sent in which to accept. You will be asked to make the deposit payment of £200.00 via the on-line booking system by the due date stated in the email. (The deposit is refundable at the end of the Residential year subject to the Conditions of Residence and Licence). (The number of days for accepting offers will decrease as we get nearer the start of term).
- To help with the process, it is your responsibility on receipt of the offer to respond within the time stated. If you do not respond as requested in the email, you could lose the booking and the room will be offered to another student. If this happens, but you still wish to be considered for a room on campus, you can contact email@example.com and request that we reconsider your application. We will endeavour to offer you an alternative room. You should also be aware that in making the initial offer, the University has fulfilled its guarantee (to new students) in accordance with the University Allocation Policy.
Accommodation Offer letter, and Identification (I.D)
Please ensure that you bring a copy of your offer letter, and some form of Identification with you when you arrive.
Pre-Sessional Accommodation Offers
Bookings for pre-sessional accommodation are taken for the 20 week, 16 week, 12 week, 8 week and 4 week courses. Students attending for the 20 week, 16 week courses will be allocated to vacancies in flats with current students, and will then be given a booking for the summer vacation period and the academic year (which commences at the end of the pre-sessional course)
You are fully aware and accept that:
- we cannot always guarantee your first choice accommodation.
- we cannot guarantee single sex accommodation.
- special needs do not guarantee your first choice accommodation.
- we cannot guarantee to allocate you to your term time room for the Summer Vacation period.
- we may not be able to allocate you to the room you are currently living in.
- once you have accepted the offer and the total amount due has been paid, that there is no refund if you vacate.
- Offers of accommodation will be sent to the email address you provide on your application form. (Generally, you will not receive anything relating to accommodation via post).
- Pre-sessional accommodation bookings and the summer vacation period must be paid in full at the time of acceptance (There is no refund on summer vacation bookings if the dates are reduced after the booking has been accepted