Friday 4 December
To commemorate two years of Aston's most e-mailed about band there's a whole night of celebration planned.
The night kicks off with a gig in Einstein's courtesy of the LMS with:
Entry to the gig is free, and as it's a birthday party, there will be free cake and a colouring competition with a super prize, as well as selected shots available for only £1.
There's also entry to Propaganda at the new O2 Academy, where you can skip the queue, get in for £3, drink pints for only £1.80, and have FREE taxis to get you there.
Some facts about Nerve Centre:
1. First Aston band to commercially release a single and EP.
2. First Aston band to have material available on iTunes, Napster and AmazonMP3.
3. First Aston band to feature in the commercial section of the Aston Times which said: ‘With catching tunes and an electric performance the band will have you shouting, singing, dancing and throwing your head up and down in an eyeball damaging fashion.’
4. First and only band EVER to play on the roof of GateCrasher nightclub in Birmingham.
5. First Aston band to crash myspace.
6. Played support to John Power (Cast/The La’s).
7. Headlined Aston’s first ever ‘Love Music, Hate Rascism’ gig.
8. They give out free cake at their gigs.
9. Received airplay on Ireland’s i102-104fm.
10. Ryan Wilson from The Pigeon Detectives said that their song ‘Karaoke Kings and Queens’ is ‘a really good song’.
11. Aston’s most e-mailed about band.
12. Sold out their headlining gig at Birmingham’s prestigious O2 Academy 3 (formerly Bar Academy).
13. Most featured unsigned band in the Aston Times.
Words by Ronan Fitzgerald