Sport Aston has some exciting news for staff who may not be aware that off peak Badminton and Squash is now on offer!
You can play Badminton at Gem Sports Centre for £2 per hour if you book the 9:30, 10:30 or 11:30 slots and Squash is also only £2per hour when you book the 10:00, 10:45 or 11:30 slots (Monday to Friday) - that’s 55% off for badminton and 45% off for squash!
You can SAVE £10 if you played once a week for 4 weeks at the off peak times compared to playing at the peak times. So if you are a regular player or a beginner this could be the best time to do it.
You can book a badminton or squash court up to 8 days in advance by calling Gem Sports Centre on ext 4626 or by going into reception at Gem Sports Centre.
There are rackets that you can hire for £1 and you can purchase balls or shuttlecocks from Gem reception.
Squash and Badminton offer a fantastic and fun way to exercise. Some of the benefits of playing Squash and Badminton include:
- Improves aerobic fitness, with more oxygen circulated around the body to better muscular endurance.
Burns off calories with energy being supplied to the muscles and not forming fat.
- Boosting flexibility and sprint speed, due to the fast-paced nature of the games.
- Improves hand-eye co-ordination with concentration required for serving.
- Develops the strength and power of muscles, notably leg and arm muscles.
Furthers concentration and mental strength, with matches often lasting for some time.
- Boosts a player's cardiovascular fitness (the heart and lungs organs), allowing more oxygen to be pumped around the body and help energise muscles.
Contact Gem reception (ext 4626) to book or you can also contact Simon Foster for further information. You could even use this to contribute towards your match the mileage pledge!
Words by Simon Foster