I work on the EU funded project UNIQUE (Unique Quality Exchange) with Professor Helen Higson. The work centres on enhancing the international dimension of quality assurance in higher education.
Qualifications and Education
- PhD titled “An Agent Approach to Improving Radio Frequency Identification Enabled Returnable Transport Equipment”: Aston University
- BSc with First Class Honours in Logistics: Aston University
- 2013 – date: Post-doctoral Researcher and Administrator in InterLanD, School of Languages and Social Sciences, Aston University.
- 2012 – 2013: Demonstrator in Engineering Systems Management, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University.
- 2006 – 2007: Distribution and Supply Planning Assistant, Distribution Department, Renault, Rickmansworth, UK .
I have a wide span of research interests which include:
- Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- Encouraging the uptake of STEM subjects in schools
- Supply Chain Innovation
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Application
- Agent Based Modelling (ABM) Approaches
- Enhancing Competitive Advantage of Logistics Service Providers (LSPs)
- Automation of Processes
- Evaluating Decentralised Decision-Making through Autonomous Objects
- Creating Sustainable Supply Chains
If you are interested in any of the areas above and would like to share ideas or require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me via email or LinkedIn.
Clark, R., Andrews, J., Thomas, L. and Aggarwal R., (2013) Compendium of Effective Practice in Higher Education: Volume 2, Aston University, Birmingham and Higher Education Academy, York
Aggarwal, R. and Lim, M.K., (2013) “Aligning physical and virtual logistical spheres with radio-frequency identification and agent-based modelling”, Int. J. Agile Systems and Management, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.66–82
Aggarwal, R. and Lim, M.K., (2013) “Enhancing competitive advantage with radio-frequency identification (RFID) enabled returnable transport equipment (RTE)”, Int. J. Information Technology and Management, Vol. 12, Nos. 1/2, pp.3–26
Nielsen, I., Lim, M., Nielsen, P. and Aggarwal, R., (2012), "A decision support system for waste collection management and its potential improvement with radio-frequency identification technology (RFID)", International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management, Vol. 15, No.s 3-6, pp. 305-324
Aggarwal, R. and Lim, M. K., (2012), "Advances in decision support systems on the endeavour of supply chain optimality", International Conference on Industrial Logistics, Croatia, 14-16 June 2012, 472-477
Aggarwal, R. and Lim, M. K., (2012) "Improving returnable transport equipment management with an autonomous approach", 3rd International Conference on Dynamics in Logistics, 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2012
Aggarwal, R. and Lim, M., (2011) "Increasing competitiveness of third party logistics with RFID", Proceedings of the IEEE Int. Conf. on RFID - Technology and Applications, Barcelona, Spain, 437-444
Aggarwal, R., Lim, M. and Tan, K., (2011), ''A three-level automation approach for radio-frequency identification enabled returnable transport equipment to enhance supply chain competitiveness", 21st International Conference on Production Research, July 31 - August 4, 2011, Stuttgart, Germany, ISBN 978-3-8396-0293-5
Aggarwal, R. and Lim, M. K., (2010), "Utilisation of RFID to increase efficiency in the returnable equipment supply chain", Proc. of the 12th Int. Conf. on The Modern Information Technology in the Innovation Processes of the Industrial Enterprise, 30-31 Oct 2010, Aalborg Denmark, 284-292
Aggarwal, R. and Lim, M. K., (2009), "Impact of RFID in reverse logistics", Proc. of the 11th Int. Conf. on The Modern Information Technology in the Innovation Processes of the Industrial Enterprise, 15-16 Oct 2009, Bergamo Italy, 185 – 192