- BA (Hons) German - Manchester University
- PGCE Teaching English as a Foreign and Second Language - Leicester University
- MSc Information Technology - Aston University
Leading the School’s learning and teaching support team, facilitating the adoption of blended and e-learning, training staff and students, teaching translation technology, representing the School at University level. Currently the School’s Learning Technologies Champion, chair of the University’s Blackboard User Group and deputy chair of the Learning Technologies Working Group.
- Second Year Translation and Technology LI2009
- Contributions to others’ modules covering translation technology, plagiarism, software for research or creative projects
David studied at the Universities of Manchester, Zurich, Leicester and Aston. He taught English in Switzerland, Spain, Bugaria and Turkey. After gaining an MSc in IT, he became an Analyst/Programmer with Price Waterhouse then held research posts in computer assisted learning (CAL) at the Universities of Exeter and Bristol.
In the 1990s David held CAL-related posts in Birmingham University's Centre for Computer-Based Learning, Birmingham Dental School, Aston University and the Eastman Dental Institute (University College London).
He was a finalist in the 1994 European Academic Software Awards, founded the erstwhile Journal of Educational Technology in Dentistry, and wrote Teach Yourself Turkish (Hodder and Stoughton).
David spent most of the 2000s in Birmingham Medical School as an education facilitator, working on the undergraduate medical curriculum and liaising with teaching hospitals around the West Midlands. He joined Aston University's School of Languages and Social Sciences in 2009.
- BUCKLEY, S., COLEMAN, J., DAVISON, I., KHAN, K. S., ZAMORA, J., MALICK, S., MORLEY, D., POLLARD, D., ASHCROFT, T., POPOVIC, C. & SAYERS, J. (2009) The educational effects of portfolios on undergraduate student learning: A Best Evidence Medical Education (BEME) systematic review. BEME Guide No. 11. Medical Teacher, 31, 340-355.
- POLLARD, D.J., ÇELEN POLLARD, A. (2009) Lextra. Sprachkurs Plus: Türkisch. Berlin, Cornelsen Verlag. (German version of “Teach Yourself Turkish”)