Branka started teaching at CELCA, Aston in 2008 as a Tutor on pre-sessional EAP courses. Previously she taught various linguistic modules (English Lexis and Word Morphology, English Grammar in Use, Phonetics, Speaking Skills and Academic Writing Skills) at the Department of English Language and Literature, University of Montenegro. Branka also has seven years of experience teaching ESOL, EAL and Literacy, in primary and secondary schools, as well as embedded Functional Skills, IELTS and Dyslexia in colleges in Birmingham. The following are the programmes she has been involved in at Aston University: General English Programme, Kansai Year Abroad, pre-sessional English for Academic Purposes (English for Medical and Pharmaceutical Studies and English for Business Studies), English for Postgraduate Studies and International Summer University.
- B.A. English Language and Literature
- PGCE in Adult Dyslexia Diagnosis and Support
- Cert Ed in TESOL
- University of Birmingham Certificate in Business Management and Communications
- MA Applied Linguistics
- PhD Applied Linguistics
- LE1052, LE1054, LE1070 (Academic Skills)
- LE1039 (Introduction to the Language of Tourism and Hospitality)
- LE1017 EAS (Academic Language Skills I
- CS1150 (Academic and Professional Communication Skills)
- LE2017, LE2028 (English Language Development),
- LE2023, LE2046 (Using English in Academic and Professional Contexts)
- (2000) `Developing Listening Skills`, (Conference proceedings), Univerzitetska rijec. Podgorica, Yugoslavia: University of Montenegro Press.
- (2000). Illustrated English Dictionary for Young Learners. Niksic, Montenegro: Maple Publishing House.
- (1998) ` Lexico-semantic Restrictions on Syntactic Structures`, (Conference proceedings) Univerzitetska rijec. Podgorica, Yugoslavia: University of Montenegro Press.
- (1997). MA thesis - `Verb Phrase as a Means of Expressing Futurity in Modern English`, (Script). Belgrade, Serbia: University of Belgrade.
- (1995) `Issues in International Students` Acquisition of Phonetic Skills (English Phonetic System and Categories`, Univerzitetska rijec. Podgorica, Yugoslavia: University of Montenegro Press.
Work to be published:
- Lexicalisation of Time - Temporal Anteriority-Posteriority as Expressed in the Vocabulary of Contemporary English`, PhD thesis, University of Birmingham and University of Belgrade.
BALEAP (the British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes) 2011-2012
PATOSS - Professional Association of Teachers of Learners with Specific Learning Difficulties; 2007-2011
Institute for Learning 2008-2011
Association of HE Dyslexia Tutors 2009-2010
- 1999/2000: DM 5000; the Open Society Institute and the Soros Foundation Network: Pedagogical Use of Corpora in Teaching Lexis and Grammar in Higher Education ‘ as part of the project : Autonomous Learning/ Computer Assisted Language Learning in Higher Education
- 2001: DM 22,000; the Open Society Institute and the Soros Foundation Network / The project title: Lexicalisation of Temporal Order in English Vocabulary (Semantic Relations of Temporal Anteriority - Posteriority as Expressed in the Vocabulary of Contemporary English).