IT facilities and language laboratories
Students in the School of Languages and Social Sciences have access to:
- four dedicated LSS computer rooms;
- the Cadbury Room - a group-working area and library;
- a DVD library (French, Spanish, German, English);
- a friendly support team (David Pollard, Sarah Hayes and Jayan Leigh)!
These facilities are in addition to central ones - there are many computer rooms and group work spaces around the university.
As well as standard software such as Microsoft Office, we provide:
- language learning material for French, German, Spanish and English ("how to" video);
- research software (NVIVO and PASW/SPSS);
- audio and video-editing tools;
- corpus linguistics tools (Wordsmith and Antconc).
Computer Assisted Translation Tools
Find Out More
Support for students with additional needs / Additional University teaching facilities / Academic Support