The Learning and Teaching Research Group is an informal research group which aims to encourage research and debate on all aspects of learning and teaching foreign languages, including Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Its central focus is language teaching methodology and language teacher education, drawing on theories and methodologies from a range of disciplinary backgrounds.
The group, based in the English Subject Group, holds both formal and informal seminars to discuss contemporary issues in language learning and teaching. Current research interests shared by the group include:
- Feedback in language teacher education
- Teacher beliefs and language teaching
- Intercultural communication
- Language classroom interaction
- Issues in English for Academic Purposes
- Applications of corpora to language pedagogy.
For more details, contact Sue Garton - firstname.lastname@example.org.