Hosted by the Institute for the Study of Language and Society
Choose from one of two Applied Corpus Linguistics summer schools this year - one for practitioners new to the field and one for those who have already attended our summer school for beginners or who have experience in the field.
Both to be held at Aston University's central Birmingham Campus >>.
**NEW** Applied Corpus Linguistics - summer school for beginners
Monday 2 - Friday 6 August 2010
Leading practitioners in the field will introduce you to a range of topics. A certificate of attendance will be awarded to all participants.
- Introduction to Corpus Linguistics (history, theory, methodology)
- Corpus Design and Creation (data sources, copyright, formats)
- Types of Corpora (written/spoken, general/specialist, static/dynamic, synchronic/diachronic)
- Corpus Software (especially WordSmith Tools)
- Corpus Analysis
- Applications of Corpus Linguistics (Language Learning and Teaching, Lexicography, Translation, Forensic Linguistics).
**NEW**Applied Corpus Linguistics - advanced summer school
Monday 9 – Friday 13 August
A chance for those who attended the Aston Corpus Summer School 2009, or the summer school for beginners in the previous week, or others who already have some experience in the field of corpus linguistics to extend their knowledge and gain hands-on experience of tools and techniques that they may not be familiar with.
All the sessions will be led by tutors who are leading experts in their specialist fields. A certificate of attendance will be awarded to all participants.
Tutors and specialist topics:
to be announced shortly
Further information and bookings