At Aston expectations regarding your ability to understand and follow lectures, participate actively in seminars, deliver effective presentations and submit appropriate written assignments are high. All international undergraduate, postgraduate and research students are entitled to free English language support tutorials which will help to meet these expectations.
Our team of friendly and supportive staff can help you with:
- Improving your accuracy and fluency when using spoken and written English.
- Specialised vocabulary used within your field of academic study.
- Giving presentations
- Using academic style appropriately.
- Written assignments, including dissertations/project reports
- Other academic skills such as listening to lectures or taking part in seminars
Please note that we do not offer a proofreading service or conversation classes. The tutors cannot check personal statements or CVs (please go to the Careers Office if you require this service).
Places are offered on a first come first served basis and are subject to availability.
For further details on these individual or small group tutorials, please contact the tutorial administrator Jennie Barker on email@example.com