The Library provides a full range of services whilst the Help desk is staffed. These include:
- Assistance with subject enquiries
- Loan of behind the counter books or photocopies e.g. lecturers’ copies
- Loan of printed journals or other non-barcoded material
- Collection of Inter-Library Loans
- Laptop loans
- Assistance with printing problems
- Issuing of day passes for visitors
- Registration with the Library
- Issue of passwords for electronic services
- Temporary passwords for wireless network
However, during the evening and most of the weekend, the building is staffed by a Reception team and the above services are not available. Reception staff are always happy to note down your enquiry, or take your telephone number/ email address, and pass it to a member of staff who will contact you when services resume the next working day. Alternatively send an email to email@example.com
Self-service machines (for borrowing and returning books)
You can still borrow and return books when the Help desk is closed using the 3 self-service machines on the ground floor. You will be issued with a receipt to confirm the loan or return of the book. Keep the receipt to remind you when to bring your books back or write the due date in the book. Watch this video guide on how to use the self-service machines to issue and return books.
Library SmartSearch (including renewing books)
You can use the Library SmartSearch at any time to check whether a particular book or journal is available. You can also reserve or renew books online without coming to the Library, but remember that you cannot renew items that have been reserved by someone else, or if you have outstanding fines.
Reserve and collect
If you have reserved a book, once you have received an email to confirm that the book is available for you, you can collect it from the self-service area on the ground floor any time the Library building is open. The book will be kept for you for 3 working days.
Photocopying and printing
You can operate the printers/photocopiers using your uniCARD. You can add credit to your uniCARD:
- online at http://followme.aston.ac.uk/ (minimum top-up is £3, maximum top-up is £30).
- using the credit top-up machines in the Library and outside the ISA Helpdesk MB477, (£5 notes required)
When the Library building is closed you can return books by leaving them in one of the secure book return boxes outside the entrance.
If you have any problems using any of these services or would like more information then contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
, 0121 204 4525.