You can renew your library books using the catalogue terminals in the library, or online via the Web catalogue.
Once you have renewed your books, please check the date the books are due back because:
- books which have been reserved by other Library users cannot be renewed
- if there are any restrictions on your Library record then the renewal facility is temporarily unavailable to you
- books which have been renewed 18 times must be checked-in. They can be issued to you again once they have been 'seen' by the Library system and then the renewals limit is re-set to 0
Please note that during the Christmas and Easter vacation periods, normal loan periods apply.
This means that you will need to renew books that are due back during the vacation period.
If you are not able to renew books because they have been reserved by another library user, then please return them by post, marked for the attention of the Public Services Co-ordinator, Customer Services, Library & Information Services. No books will be due back during Library closed days.
Renew your books using the Web Catalogue
- Go to My Library Record.
- Log-in with your university username and password.
- Select the items you want to renew by checking the box in the renew column.
- Click Renew selected button. If you want to renew everything click the Renew all button.
- If you are successful a new date will appear. Remember to make a note of the new date.
Please note: There may be a disruption in service each morning between 02:00 to 04:00 due to essential systems maintenance - this may prevent you renewing your books during this period. If this is the case, please try and renew your books again later on.
If you are on placement, study part time or are a distance learner, you can also renew your books:
by telephone 0121 204 4525 – please have your Library barcode number (printed on your uniCARD) ready and the book barcode numbers (printed below the date stamp label).
If you need to leave a message because the Help desk desk is busy, please make sure you give your details slowly and clearly. Do not assume that the books have been renewed until you receive confirmation.
by fax 0121 204 4530 – please include your Library barcode number (printed on your uniCARD) ready and the book barcode numbers (printed below the date stamp label).
Do not assume that the books have been renewed until you receive confirmation.
This also applies to anyone with a disability or other additional need.