I joined Aston University in October 2010 after undertaking a PhD at UWA titled:Provision of non-prescription medication by community pharmacists in Australia. The PhD was supported by a scholarship from the Asthma Foundation of Western Australia.
I also have practiced as a registered pharmacist in the United Kingdom and Australia with experience in hospital and community pharmacy.
Prior to registering as a pharmacist I undertook a nursing degree and worked as a registered nurse specialising in respiratory medicine.
Teaching Activity on the MPharm Programme
PH1406 (Module coordinator): Pharmacotherapy, communications.
PH3607 (Module coordinator): Pharmacotherapy
Qualifications and Education
- Registered Pharmacist, General Pharmaceutical Council
- Registered Pharmacist, Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Registered Nurse, Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons I), University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Nursing, University of Sydney
- 2010 - date: Lecturer in Clinical Pharmacy, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham
- 2004 – date: Locum Community Pharmacist
- 2006 - 2010: PhD Candidate, Tutor/Lecturer, Pharmacy Programme, School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, Perth
- 2005 - 2006: Specialist Pharmacist, Drug Information, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney
- 2005: Clinical Trials Pharmacist (locum), Newcastle General Hospital, Tyne & Wear
- 2003 - 2004: Registered Pharmacist, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney
- 1997 – 2002: Registered Nurse, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
- Member of the Australasian Pharmaceutical Sciences Association
- Member of the Pharmacy Teaching Programme
- Co-supervisor, Ms Brata, The University of Western Australia
- Member of the Medicines Research Unit
- Social pharmacy
- Quality Use of Medicines
- Knowledge translation
- Practice improvement
Schneider CR, Everett AW, Geelhoed E, Kendall P, Murray K, Garnett PBJ, Salaam M, Clifford RM. Provision of primary care to patients with chronic cough in the community pharmacy setting. Ann Pharmacother 2010; in press.
Schneider CR, Everett AW, Geelhoed E, Kendall P, Padgett C, Ripley S, Clifford RM. Intern pharmacists as change agents to improve the practice of nonprescription medication supply: provision of salbutamol to patients with asthma. Ann Pharmacother 2010;44:1319-26.
Schneider CR. Asthma health promotion in pharmacy: dispelling the myths. Australian Pharmacist 2010;29:667-9.
Schneider CR, Everett AW, Geelhoed E, Kendall P, Clifford RM. Measuring the assessment and counselling provided with the supply of non-prescription asthma reliever medication: a simulated patient study. Ann Pharmacother 2009;43:1512-8.
Schneider CR. Improving the management of asthma though community pharmacy. The Asthma Broadcast. Perth: Asthma Foundation of WA, 2009:3.
Schneider CR. Care - Do You? Rescript. Perth: Pharmaceutical Society of Western Australia, 2008:2.
Schneider CR, Everett AW, Geelhoed E, et al. Impact of intern pharmacists on community pharmacy supply of non-prescription medication: an exploratory study [abstract]. Conference proceedings, Australasian Pharmaceutical Science Association 2009 Conference, 2009, Hobart.
Schneider CR, Gudka S, Fleischer L, Yassin A, Clifford RM. Emergency hormonal contraception via community pharmacy: a simulated patient study [abstract]. Conference proceedings, Australasian Pharmaceutical Science Association 2009 Conference, 2009, Hobart.
Seubert L, Schneider CR, Clifford RM. Self-reflection of interns after development and implementation of a consumer health promotion campaign [abstract]. Conference proceedings, Australasian Pharmaceutical Science Association 2009 Conference, 2009, Hobart.
Schneider CR, Everett AW, Geelhoed E, Kendall P, Clifford RM. An evidence-practice gap in the provision of asthma reliever medication in the community pharmacy setting (abstract). Int J Pharm Pract 2008;16:C20.
Schneider CR, Everett AW, Geelhoed E, Kendall P, Clifford RM. “Could I Have a Ventolin Please?” What Assessment and Counselling is Provided by Community Pharmacies? Australasian Pharmaceutical Science Association 2008 Conference. Canberra, 2008.
Schneider CR, Raytsin R, Clifford RM. Compliance to Protocol for Supply of Oral Fluconazole in Australian Community Pharmacies. Australasian Pharmaceutical Science Association 2008 Conference. Canberra, 2008.
Schneider CR, Emery LJ, Clifford RM. The Role of a Protocol in the Supply of Anti-fungal Treatment for Vaginal Thrush in the Community Pharmacy Setting: a Randomised Controlled Study. Australasian Pharmaceutical Science Association 2008 Conference. Canberra, 2008.