This Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) approved 60 credit programme will enable newly re-employed practitioners who have been out of practice for up to 5 years to refresh their audiology assessment and hearing aid skills.
Successful completion of this course will enable practitioners to meet the scope of practice required by HPC for registration as a registered hearing aid audiologist (RHAD).
It contains three 20 credit modules:
- Adult Auditory Assessment
- Hearing Aid Audiology
- Audiology Clinical Skills
Course delivery will comprise of on-line lectures, on-site seminars and skills laboratory workshops.
Entry Requirements: Educational Qualifications
Only applicants with a recognised professional qualification in Audiology can be accepted on the course (e.g. for UK and Republic of Ireland applicants - BSc (Hons) Audiology, BTEC/NVQ MPPM; BAAT I & II; Hearing Aid Council exams, etc). Applicants with appropriate, recognised overseas qualifications will also be considered. Applicants are required to demonstrate that they are currently in employment with an appropriate organisation e.g. NHS audiology department, hearing aid company, etc.
Entry requirements for Aston Certificate in Audiology (Return to Work Programme) are:
- Proof of CRB
- Signed health check declarations by your employer
- Evidence of previous recognised qualification in Audiology
- Letter from current employer confirming employment
- A career break of no longer than 5 years.
Fees for this course are:
£2400 for the entire programme (or £800 per 20 credit module).
APEL Route - Aptitude Test - Next test date is 11th June 2013
Other test dates for 2013 are as follows:
13th August 2013
An APEL route is available for applicants who can demonstrate that they are currently in practice assessing and fitting hearing aids to adults. This will be demonstrated through provision of a current job description and evidence of relevant continuing professional practice (CPD). You will need to complete the registration forms and submit them with the current fee for the course. This can be a cheque made payable to Aston University for £350. On receipt of all relevant paperwork you will be issued with a password which will enable you to access to an online module. Successful completion of the non-credit bearing online module in Business Skills and a pass mark in the exam will enable you to meet the scope of practice required by HCPC for registration as a RHAD. The date of the next exam will be announced soon.
Entry requirements for Aston Aptitude Test are:
- Proof of CRB (send when you register)
- Signed health check declarations by your employer (send when you register)
- Current job description (send when you register)
- Evidence of relevant CPD (bring with you when you attend for the test) .
Fee for this course and test is:
When you attend Aston for your 90 minute MCQ exam you will also be asked to bring:
• Photographic proof of ID
• Evidence of Audiology-relevant CPD (KSF evidence acceptable) This can be a list of events/training you have attended.
• Audiology qualification certificates e.g. BSc Audiology, MSc, BAAT I &II, NVQ, BTEC (MPPM) etc. (These must state that you have achieved clinical competency. If not further evidence will be requested.)
Register for the Aptitude Test
PLEASE NOTE the Aptitude exam must be taken within 4 months of application and resits taken within 2 months of the original exam attempt.
To register on this course, or for further information, please contact Julia Brown on 0121 204 3908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have specific questions about the content of the course or module and exam, please contact Sarah Riches on 0121 204 4201 or email@example.com