Future test dates are as follows:
13th Jan 2014
27th March 2014
21st July 2014
4th Sept 2014
An APEL route is available for applicants who can demonstrate that they are currently in practice assessing and fitting hearing aids to adults. This will be demonstrated through provision of a current job description and evidence of relevant continuing professional practice (CPD). You will need to complete the registration forms and submit them with the current fee for the course. This can be a cheque made payable to Aston University for £350. On receipt of all relevant paperwork you will be issued with a password which will enable you to access to an online module. Successful completion of the non-credit bearing online module in Business Skills and a pass mark in the exam will enable you to meet the scope of practice required by HCPC for registration as a RHAD.
Entry requirements for Aston Aptitude Test are:
- Must be resident and working in the UK
- Proof of recent CRB or DBS check i.e. completed within last 3 years (provide date issued and certificate number when you register)
- Signed health check declarations by your employer (send when you register)
- Current job description (send when you register)
- Evidence of relevant CPD (bring with you when you attend for the test) .
Fee for this course and test is:
When you attend Aston for your 90 minute MCQ exam you will also be asked to bring:
- Photographic proof of ID
- Evidence of Audiology-relevant CPD (KSF evidence acceptable) This can be a list of events/training you have attended
- Audiology qualification certificates e.g. BSc Audiology, MSc, BAAT I &II, NVQ, BTEC (MPPM) etc. (These must state that you have achieved clinical competency. If not further evidence will be requested
- Original copy of CRB/DBS check.
Register for the Aptitude Test
PLEASE NOTE the Aptitude exam must be taken within 4 months of application and resits taken within 2 months of the original exam attempt.
To register on this course, or for further information, please contact Julia Brown on 0121 204 3908 or email@example.com
If you have specific questions about the content of the course or module and exam, please contact Sarah Riches on 0121 204 4201 or firstname.lastname@example.org