I joined Aston University in 2008 to work on the PhD project about the new methods of lossy colour image coding under the supervision of Dr Yuan Yuan and Professor Ian Nabney.
So far, we investigated the idea of Matching Pursuit in the spatio-frequency domain and extended it for the first time to colour image coding. We proposed and evaluated quantisation and encoding scheme that is capable of competing by compression ratio with the state-of-the-art methods.
Qualifications & Education
- (2008-Now) PhD, Computer Science, Aston University
- (2007-2008) MSc Digital Image and Signal Processing, Cranfield,UK
- (2003-2008) Mgr-inz. (equivalent of MSc), Computer Science, System Programming, Gliwice,Poland
- (2004-2009) Inz. (equivalent of BEng), Mathematics, Gliwice,Poland
Teaching Assistant for:
- Image and Video Processing
- Distributed Systems
- Internet Computing
- Ryszard Maciol, Yuan Yuan, and Ian T. Nabney. Colour image coding with matching pursuit in the spatio-frequency domain. To be published in Proc. of the International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing, 2011.
- Ryszard Maciol, Yuan Yuan, and Ian T. Nabney. Grayscale and colour image codec based on matching pursuit in the spatio-frequency domain. Technical report, Aston University, availabale at: http://eprints.aston.ac.uk/15194/, 2011.