0121 204 3391
Research interests / expertise
- Development of pyrolysis reactors
- Understanding of pyrolysis processes from micro scale to technical application supported by numerical simulation
- Developments of technical concepts
- Catalytic treatment of pyrolysis gases
- Combined pyrolysis and electrification of biomass
- European networking
- Foundation and organisation of the Center of Competence in
- Thermo-Chemical Treatment of Biomass
- Numerical simulation of thermo-chemical processes
- Design and operation of micro, lab, pilot and technical scale pyrolysis plants
- Thermal degradation of polymers, electronic scrap and biomass as well as shredder light fractions
- Separation of high value fractions from biomass – activated carbon, premium fuels
- Catalytic and sorptive gas treatment for pyrolysis gases and gases from gasifiers
- Scientific coordination of large scale European projects
A. Hornung, A. Apfelbacher, F. Richter, J. Schöner, H. Leibold, H. Seifert, V. Tumiatti, F. Lenzi, P. Franchi, Thermo-chemical conversion of straw – Haloclean – Intermediate Pyrolysis, Pyrolysis 2006, Budapest.
H. Seifert, A. Hornung, F. Richter, J. Schöner, A. Apfelbacher, V. Tumiatti, Pyrolysis of wastes and biomass, Kasseler Abfalltage 2007.
A. Hornung, H. Seifert, SIDAF, 6. Sächsische Abfalltage, Haloclean – Ein Multi-Fuel-Konzept zur energetischen Verwertung von Biomasse und rohstoffliche Verwertung von Elektronikschrott, Freiberg 2007.
J. Stöhr, A. Hornung, H. Seifert, Improvements of catalysts used for steam reforming of tars, to be presented at Varirei, L’Aquila, June 2007.
A. Hornung, A. Apfelbacher, F. Richter, H. Seifert, V. Tumiatti, Electrification of pyrolysis products from biomass, to be presented at Varirei, L’Aquila, June 2007.
A. Hornung, S. Sagi, A. Marongiu, H. Seifert: Evaluation of the formal kinetic parameters and degradation mechanisms for the pyrolysis of lignin by thermogravimetry mass-spectrometry, Proc. International. Conf. 16th European. Biomass Conference and Exhibition, Spain, 2008.
A. Hornung, A. Apfelbacher, Haloclean® - Intermediate pyrolysis – Power generation from rape, Proc. International. Conf. 16th European. Biomass Conference. and Exhibition, Spain, 2008.
A. Hornung, Fast, intermediate or slow pyrolysis for fuel production, power generation from various biomasses or as pre-conditioning unit for gasifiers, 18th Int. Symp. on Analytical and App. Pyrolysis, Lanzarote, Spain 2008.
U. Hornung, D. Schneider, A. Hornung, V. Tumiatti, H. Seirfert, Sequential Pyrolysis and Catalytic Low Temperature Reforming of Wheat Straw, Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 2008, in press.
A. Hornung, High integrative, CO2 negative, high efficient power generation from ash rich biomass in power plants of 10 MW and coupled production of algae based bio oils as well as black earth (dark soil) avoiding effluents at Hainhaus/Odenwald – “ICONE Power nach dem BtVB Prozess, Bioenta Reichelsheim, Germany, September 2008.