0121 204 3612
Qualifications and Education
- PhD The impact of Performance Measurement Systems on Supply Chain Dynamics, 2011
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) University of Wales 1989,
- BSc (Hons) Plymouth University 1988
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (PGCTL)
- National Diploma Marketing (DipM)
- Comptia Network+ Certified & ECDL
March 99 - Present Aston University School of Engineering
- Delivering Undergraduate and Postgraduate modules in;
- International Logistics Operations and Management
- Inventory Control
- Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Dynamics and Simulation
- Outbound and Reverse Logistics
- Air Transport
- Lean/Agile Production Systems (including JIT, MRP etc)
- Performance Measurement Systems and Management
- Business Simulation – 2011; designed ‘AirEdSim’ - an interactive teaching based simulation for Commercial Airline operations.
- Chair of the Chartered Institute of Logistics, University Accreditation Committee
- Chair of the Institute of Operations Management, University Accreditation Committee
- Participated in numerous Licensure and Accreditation events in the UK and Middle East for UK Universities and the UAE Accreditation Commission
- Visiting Lecturer at Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University, Stuttgart; “Supply Chain” and “Value Adding Operations Management”.
- Guest Lecturer at Loughborough University; “Supply Chain Management”.
- Visiting Lecturer at Emirates Aviation College, Dubai. “Supply Chain Strategy” and “Operations Management”.
- Distance Learning Advisor for Level 6 Professional Qualifications, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Up to Oct 2010; Admissions for all UG and PG courses in the School of Engineering. Still very much involved with International recruitment.
June 97 - Mar 99 Cambridge Technology Partners, now Novell, USA Senior Consultant
Oct 93 - June 97 Concept Intl Shipping Ltd. Director
Aug 89 - Oct 93 Maersk Company UK Ltd.
- Maersk Line Import Sales Manager, London Office
- Kent Line Assistant UK Sales Manager
- Norfolk Line, Den Haag, Netherlands. Trainee, Marketing Dept.
- Maersk Co UK Ltd Management Trainee, Charter Dept
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
- Committee member of WEMMEC (West Midlands Military Education Committee).
- April 2010; member of Accreditation review panel for Diploma in Logistics and Management, Logistics Academy, Abu Dhabi.
“Determining Inventory Service Support Levels in Multi-National Companies” G. Don Taylor , Doug M. Love, Miles W. Weaver, and James Stone. International Journal of Production Economics – Volume 116, Issue 1, November 2008, Pages 1-11
“An evaluation of SCOR modelling techniques and tools” Pavel Albores, Doug Love, James Stone, Miles Weaver, Helen Benton. EUROMOT, Conference 2007.
“Modelling the relationship between local logistics management decisions and overall supply chain; Performance: a research agenda.” James Stone, Doug Love; Int. J. Business Performance Management, Vol. 9, No. 2, 2007