I joined Aston University Photonics Research School in July 2010, after a 4-year undergraduate degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering here at Aston University.
My interest in pursuing a research here at Aston was sparked by a case study I carried out during my final year, based on Photonic Crystal Fibres (PCF).
Overall, during this past couple of years, I have gained vast amount of academic and non academic skills.
Qualifications & Education
- BEng with First Class Honours in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Aston University, 2010
- CASE PhD in Novel Fibre Grating Technology and Applications, Aston University, 2010 - Present
2010-date: Laboratory demonstrator, Photonics Research School, Aston University
2008-2009: Quality Test Engineer at CUMMINS Diesel Engines, Daventry
- Laboratory Demonstration for EE1EPC module
- Tutorial Support for EE1EPC module.
- Fibre Bragg Grating (FBG) devices
- Long Period Grating (LPG) fabrication and characterisation
- Grating sensors
- Fabrication of grating devices for sensing in speciality fibres
Recent research funding
EPSRC and CASE studentship
Membership of Professional Bodies