· J. Yang, J. E. Fletcher, and J. O’Reilly, “Short-circuit and ground fault analysis and location in VSC-based dc network cables,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 3827-3837, Oct. 2012.
· A. Baghramian, A.M. Cross, A.J. Forsyth, “'Interactions Within Heterogeneous Systems of Uncontrolled Rectifiers for Aircraft Electrical Power Systems”, IET Electrical Systems in Transportation, Vol. 1, Issue 1, March 2011, pp.49 - 60.
· A.A. Abd Hafez, R. Todd, A.J. Forsyth, A.M. Cross, “DC Current Ripple Compensation for Multi-Phase Fault-Tolerant Machines”, IET Electrical Power Applications, Vol. 5, Issue 1, January 2011, pp.28 - 36.
· J. Yang, J. E. Fletcher, and J. O’Reilly, “Multi-terminal DC wind farm collection grid internal fault analysis and protection design,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 2308-2318, Oct. 2010.
· J. Yang, J. E. Fletcher, and J. O’Reilly, “A series-dynamic-resistor-based converter protection scheme for doubly-fed induction generator during various fault conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 422-432, Jun. 2010.
· J. Yang, J. O’Reilly, and J. E. Fletcher, “Reliability enhancement of offshore wind farms by redundancy analysis,” Journal of Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 84-91, Feb. 2010.
· A. Cross, A. Baghramian, A.J.Forsyth “Approximate, Average, Dynamic Models of Uncontrolled Rectifiers for Aircraft Applications”, IET Power Electronics, Vol. 2, Issue 4. July 2009, pp.398 – 409.
· M. Zhou, Y. Zheng, G. Li, J. Yang, and J. Qi, “Synthetical method for allocating wheeling fixed cost for large consumers considering time-of-use pricing and power quality,” Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 28, no. 19, pp. 125-130, 2008.
· D Nichols, G Agnew, D Strickland, "Application and outlook status of the Rolls Royce Fuel Cell System SOFC'', IEEE, PES July 2008, Invited paper
· Xinyun Liu; Forsyth, A.J.; Cross, A.M.; “Negative Input-Resistance Compensator for a Constant Power Load” ;Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions; Volume: 54 , Issue: 6; 2007 , Page(s): 3188 - 3196
· M. Zhou, B. Zhang, G. Li, and J. Yang, “Economic assessment of voltage sags based on quality engineering theory,” Transactions of China Electro-technical Society, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. - , 2007.
· J. Yang, G. Li, and M. Zhou, “Analysis of power quality disturbances based on generalized interpolating wavelet,” Electric Power Automation Equipment, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 21-25, Apr. 2007.
· J. Yang, G. Li, and M. Zhou, “A power quality service pricing method based on differential pricing,” Journal of Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 41-46, Apr. 2006.
· J. Yang and J. E. Fletcher, “Protection Schemes for Meshed VSC-HVDC Transmission Systems for Large-Scale Offshore Wind Farms,” Large Scale Renewable Power Generation: Advances in Technologies for Generation, Transmission and Storage, Springer, accepted and in press, Nov. 2013.
· J. E. Fletcherand J. Yang, “Introduction to doubly-fed induction generator for wind power applications,” Path to Sustainable Energy, ISBN 978-953-307-401-6, InTech, Dec. 2010.
2011 to date
· S. Fan, J. Yang, and W. Ma, “A Coordinated Control Scheme for Power Demand Changes in a PMSG based Multi-terminal DC Wind Farm,” the 39th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Vienna, Austria, 11-13 Nov. 2013.
· J. Yang, “Reconfiguration of Distribution Network into Islanded Microgrids Considering Development of Distributed Energy Resources,” the IET Renewable Power Generation Conference, Beijing, China, 9-11 Sep. 2013.
· E. Zacharis, A. Cross, B. Godfrey, “Power Electronic Interfaces for Low Voltage Residential Networks”, European Power Electronics Conference, September 2013, pp.1-10.
· A. Laka, J.A. Barrena, J. Chivite-Zabalza, M.A. S.A Rodriguez, A. Cross, “VSC Topology Comparison For STATCOM Application Under Unbalanced Conditions”, European Power Electronics Conference, September 2013, pp.1-10.
· J Crouch, P Crouch, D Strickland "Connection Design without Accurate LV Feeder Load Data - An Argument for LV Feeder Monitoring.", UPEC 2013
· M Coldwell, D Strickland, L Chittock, "The Impact of Electric Vehicles on Great Britain’s Electricity Demand, and the Potential Associated Benefits for System Control", UPEC 2013
· E. Zacharis, A. Cross, B. Godfrey, “Power Quality Improvements for LV Networks”, IET Seminar on Power Quality, Birmingham, UK, November 2012.
· A. Shojaei , D. Strickland , D. Scott , M. Tucker , G. Kirkpatrick B. Price , S. Luke , J. Richmond “Powertrain Optimisation in a Hybrid Electric Bus “ IEEE VPPC Oct 2012.
· Invited keynote speaker - Dani Strickland, Andrew Cross, Nilanjan Mukherjee “BATTERY ENERGY STORAGE ON THE SMART GRID FUTURE OR FAD?”Zaytoonah University International Engineering Conference on Design and Innovation in Infrastructure 2012,(ZEC Infrastructure 2012), June 18-20, 2012 Amman, Jordan
· N Mukherjee, D Strickland “Modular ESS with Second Life Batteries Operating in Grid Independent Mode “, IEEE PEDG June 2012
· N Mukherjee, D Strickland, A Cross, W Hung (National Grid); “Reliability Estimation of second life Battery System Power Electronic topologies for Grid Frequency Response Applications”, IET PEMD Feb 2012
· J. Yang, “Protection Issue Discussion of DC Network Development: Circuit Breaker or Fault-Tolerant Converter,” the 11th International Conference on Developments in Power System Protection, IET DPSP 2012, Birmingham, UK, 23-26 Apr. 2012.
· J. Yang, J. E. Fletcher, and J. O’Reilly, “Permanent magnet synchronous generator based wind power generation system fault protection schemes,” the IET Renewable Power Generation Conference, Edinburgh, UK, 6-8 Sep. 2011.
· B. Ruben, A. Cross, D. Strickland, M. Aten (Eon), B. Ferris (WPD); “ Meshing Radial Networks at 11kV”, IEEE PES ISGT, Dec 2011
· A Cross, D Strickland; “Using SPICE for Power System Simulations”, EPE SEPT 2011
· A Cross, D Trainer, R Crookes, “Chain-Link based HVDC Voltage source converter using current injection”, IET ACDC Conference, London, Oct 2010
· J. Yang, J. E. Fletcher, and J. O’Reilly, “An overview on DC cable modelling for fault analysis of VSC-HVDC transmission systems,” Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference, AUPEC 2010, accepted for presentation, Sep. 2010, Christchurch, New Zealand, 5-8 Dec. 2010.
· J. Yang, J. E. Fletcher, and J. O’Reilly, “Protection scheme design for meshed VSC-HVDC transmission systems for large-scale wind farms,” the 9th International Conference on AC and DC Power Transmission, IET ACDC 2010, London, UK, 20-21 Oct. 2010.
· J. Yang, J. E. Fletcher, and J. O’Reilly, “Multi-terminal DC wind farm collection grid internal fault analysis,” IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics ISIE 2010, Bari, Italy, 4-7 Jul. 2010.
· Y. Gao, J. Yang, and M. Zhou, “Available transfer capability calculation based on contingency selection,” The 5th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications - ICIEA 2010, Taichung, Taiwan, 15-17 Jun. 2010.
· Y. Gao, J. Yang, M. Zhou, and G. Li, “An analytical approach for available transfer capability assessment,” IEEE TENCON 2009, Singapore, 23-26, Nov. 2009.
· J. Yang, Y. Gao, and J. O’Reilly, “Permanent magnet synchronous generator converter protection analysis during DC wind farm open-circuit fault condition,” The 9th IEEE Annual Electrical Power and Energy Conference 2009, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 22-23 Oct. 2009.
· J. Yang, J. E. Fletcher, and J. O’Reilly, “A series dynamic resistor based converter protection scheme for doubly-fed induction generator during various fault conditions,” IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting 2009, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 26-30 Jul. 2009.
· J. Yang, J. O’Reilly, and J. E. Fletcher, “Protection scheme switch-timing for doubly-fed induction generator during fault conditions,” IEEE PowerTech 2009, Bucharest, Romania, 28 Jun. – 2 Jul. 2009.
· J. Yang, J. O’Reilly, and J. E. Fletcher, “Redundancy analysis of offshore wind farm collection and transmission systems,” The 1st International Conference on SUPERGEN, Nanjing, China, 6-7 Apr. 2009.
· J. Yang, D. G. Dorrell, and J. E. Fletcher, “Fault ride-through of doubly-fed induction generator with converter protection schemes,” IEEE International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies, Singapore, 24-27 Nov. 2008.
· J. Yang, D. G. Dorrell, and J. E. Fletcher, “A new converter protection scheme for doubly-fed induction generators during disturbances,” The 34th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Orlando, Florida, USA, 10-13 Nov. 2008.
· Cross, A.M.; Forsyth, A.J.; “Small-signal input admittance characteristics of a brushless DC motor drive “Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, 2008. PEMD 2008. 4th IET Conference , Page(s): 520 - 526
· D Strickland, D Nicholls and J Campbell, "Interfacing a fuel cell to an electricity grid'', Ohio Fuel Cell Symposium on May 13-14 2008, Invited speaker
· G. Li, M. Zhou, B. Zhang, and J. Yang, “Economic assessment of voltage sags based on quality engineering theory,” Power Tech 2007, Lausanne, Switzerland, 1-5 Jul. 2007.
· X. Duan, M. Zhou, G. Li, and J. Yang, “Synthetic evaluation of power quality based on fuzzy clustering analysis,” 2006 International Conference on Power System Technology, POWERCON’06, Chongqing, China, 22-26 Oct. 2006.
· AbdEl-hafez, A.A.; Cross, A.M.; Forsyth, A.J.; Trainer, D.R.; Cullen, J.A.; “Single-Phase Active Rectifier Selection for Fault Tolerant Machine” Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, 2006. The 3rd IET International Conference; Page(s): 435 - 439
· A.M.Cross, J.Chivite, A.J.Forsyth, S.Smith, R.Shuttleworth, S.A.Long, D.R.Trainer, “Electrical System Evaluation Platform for Uninhabited Autonomous Vehicles”, Society of Automotive Engineers Conference on Power Systems, New Orleans, November 2006, No. 2006-01-3053
· Cross, A.M.; Forsyth, A.J.; Cooper, B.; “Modelling, simulation and validation of a twelve-pulse autotransformer rectifier for aerospace applications” ; Power Electronics, Machines and Drives, 2004. (PEMD 2004). Second International Conference on (Conf. Publ. No. 498) Volume: 2 ,Page(s): 528 - 533 Vol.2
· A.M. Cross, A.J. Forsyth, ‘Simulation and Evaluation of High-Voltage Power Systems for Civil Aircraft’, Society of Automotive Engineers Conference on Power Systems, Reno, Nevada, November 2004, No. 2004-01-3182.