The School of Engineering and Applied Science is pleased to announce our 2013/14 EAS Postgraduate International Scholarship Scheme, available to self-funded international students entering full-time MSc programmes in September 2013. We are awarding 8 scholarships of £5,000 each to help with the cost of tuition fees, applicable to any of the following MSc programmes:
These regional-based scholarships are available to students from the following areas:
- East Asia
- South Asia
- South East Asia
- Middle East, Gulf States and North Africa
- Russia and Central Asia
- Other non-EU countries
Are you eligible?
The scholarships are merit-based and to be eligible an applicant should have or expect to achieve a UK first class Honours degree or overseas equivalent, hold the required English Language qualification, and be able to demonstrate the potential for outstanding achievement. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee an award, since the process of granting a limited number of awards is affected by the general standard of applications received in any individual year.
To be considered for a scholarship, the applicant must have submitted a postgraduate application form and hold either a Conditional or Unconditional offer for one of the above-listed MSc courses by 5pm on 31 July 2013. However, it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible (see condition 3 below). No late entries will be considered. If you have already submitted an application to study at Aston University you will automatically be considered for a scholarship on the criteria listed above.
- Scholarships are only available for international students who are self-funded. UK and EU applicants and students sponsored by an organisation are not eligible.
- Applicants must hold either a Conditional or Unconditional offer for one of the listed MSc programmes for the School of Engineering & Applied Science by 5pm on 31 July 2013.
- The Panel may confirm awards for some outstanding applicants before the final closing date.
- The School of Engineering & Applied Science Scholarship Panel will make their final decision by 15 August 2013. Successful applicants will be informed shortly afterwards.
- Decisions of the School of Engineering & Applied Science Scholarship Panel are final.