Laura Bryan 15/05/2013 21:42:19
The online payment facility for the Luggage Store is now available. To pay online please visit the Payment page. The Luggage Store costs £15 per item and you can store up to a maximum of 6 items (a maximum total of £90.00). The only items that will be accepted are suitcases and the boxes that we provide in the Store.
For more information please visit: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/current-students/hub/iss/luggage-store/
Laura Bryan 10/05/2013 16:58:37
The Luggage Store will be open for international and EU students to store their luggage over the summer from 20th May to 4th June 2013. You must pay online before you can deposit your luggage and the online payment will be open from Monday 13th May 2013. To make your payment online please visit the Payment page.
Unfortunately we will be unable to accept luggage for students on placement in 2013/14 as the room will be used for other purposes after the summer vacation.
For more information on the Luggage Store including how it works and how much it costs, please visit: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/current-students/hub/iss/luggage-store/
Laura Bryan 08/03/2013 09:29:04
The minimum salary for the Tier 2 General visa will increase from £20,000 to £20,300 from 6th April 2013. This means that to be able to apply for the Tier 2 General visa for working in the UK after your course you must be paid at £20,300 per year or above. In some cases you may need to be paid more. Please contact The Hub for more information on this.
The Home Office has also announced that it will introduce lower "new entrants" wages for Tier 2 General. This will be for recent graduates switching from a Tier 4 Student or old style Student visa to a Tier 2 General visa and who meet the post-study work provisions.
For example, a new entrant Financial Manager will be expected to earn at least £25,600 rather than the normal salary of £37,500 and a new entrant Business Analyst will be expected to earn at least £24,900 rather than the normal salary of £30,600.
Laura Bryan 26/02/2013 11:06:37
For visa applications made on or after 6th April 2013 please note the following increase in application fee:
- Tier 4 and Tier 4 dependant entry clearance: £298
- Tier 4 leave to remain: £406 (dependants applying separately including children aged 18 or over who apply at the same time as the Tier 4 migrant pay the same fee)
- Leave to remain for Tier 4 dependants who do not apply separately: £305
- PEO appointments will be charged differently from now: £100 to make an appointment plus the postal fee for the leave to remain application plus £275 for the expedited application, ie £781 for a Tier 4 PEO application
- 11-month student visitor concession entry clearance: £144
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur): same fees as for Tier 4, but CESC nationals pay £268 for entry clearance and £365 for leave to remain
- Tier 2: £494 for entry clearance and £578 for leave to remain (£445 and £520 respectively for CESC nationals)
Laura Bryan 26/02/2013 09:18:35
For all new students starting in 2013. You can now register for our FREE Meet and Greet Service from Birmingham Airport, running from Saturday 21 – Monday 23 September 2013. Find out more here: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/new-student/international-students/meet-and-greet/
Laura Bryan 26/02/2013 09:11:20
From 28 February 2013
if you wish to use a loan letter as evidence of your funds this letter must confirm that:
"the loan is provided by the national government, the state or regional government or a government sponsored student loan company or is part of an academic or educational loans scheme."
This will affect all applications made on or after 28 February 2013 in the UK and overseas.
Please see our webpage for further information.