Many students have found Placement Mentoring useful. You can read what some of them have to say about it below, or watch videos of our students:
Jacks and Charley who were matched together as Placement Mentee and Mentor talk about Peer Mentoring.
Ana talks about her experience as a Placement Mentor.
- "It helped me save time with the application process."
- "It was greatly beneficial and I do not know how I would have coped with finding a placement while studying without my mentor - she helped me manage my time and priorities"
“The extra help was a fantastic bonus! An excellent scheme, I would advise any 1st or 2nd year to join the programme. I have learnt how to take advice and then build on it. For example, my mentor would suggest ways of improving my covering letter and I would have to expand on that.”
- "As a mentor, I am not just helping someone to gain confidence in their abilities, but also 'solidifying' my own knowledge."
- “I’ve truly enjoyed the scheme and I hope my mentee has gained as much from this experience as I have.”
- "It helped me to be less selfish and think about someone else."