We can match you up with a recent Aston graduate who can
give information and guidance as you complete your final year and enter the
next stage of your life. Your mentor can provide email advice on:
- Your chosen career area
- Volunteering and how to improve your employability
Further study options
Gap years and travelling
Choices and decisions since graduating
How does it work?
You will be matched by your
choice of graduate career and/or any other areas of interest to a graduate mentor.
All mentors are recent Aston graduates and are volunteers, happy to share their
experiences and knowledge with you.
The benefits of having a mentor are far-reaching and include:
- Having access to someone who has been there and done that before you – find
out what they did and how they did it!
- Someone to listen and advise as you plan your life beyond Aston
- Having a personal mentor means there is no
question too big or small
- Development of your own interpersonal skills such as
communication, planning and time management
- Upgrading your CV – highlighting your participation in a
mentor scheme is highly valued by employers!
To find out more, please read the FAQs here.
Registration for 2011-12 has now closed...
If you haven't already registered to participate in the graduate e-mentoring scheme for this academic year we're sorry but you're too late to have a mentor! If you'd like to be a mentor during your final year please see the Placement Mentoring
page to find out how you can help another Aston student now.