A placement student is an affordable recruitment solution for your business. Aston work with organisations of all sizes, across all sectors, most of whom have enjoyed the benefits of taking a student on, indeed many companies go on to employ a succession of placement students year on year.
11 reasons to employ a placement student
At Aston we recognise that enhancing our students ‘employability is key to this success which is why we strongly encourage our students to take a placement year, whether this be in industry or the professions in the UK, or studying abroad to gain other relevant work experience. Aston is one of only four universities in the UK where over 50% of students undertake an integrated placement year as part of their studies.
- A flexible low-cost recruitment solution for up to 12 months
- An enthusiastic and fresh approach to your business needs
- An excellent solution if your business has a short term project or perhaps a maternity leave to cover
- Specific skills and knowledge that can benefit your business
- The opportunity to devote time to a project which you have not had the resource to do
- The opportunity for your staff to gain experience in supervising or mentoring a student.
- As the commitment is short term there are no long term overheads or expensive recruitment fees
- An opportunity to get a head start on recruiting the best new graduates for your company
- Creating effective links with Aston University will benefit your business now and in the future
- Opportunities for graduate projects, as and when your business needs them
- There are no recruitment costs to you
Aston University is a long term partner of CGI, and previously Logica, and has consistently provided confident, commercially aware and enthusiastic industrial placement students who have gone on to make a very positive impression in the business. Alexandra Sinton from Logica (CGI)
Employing a placement student
You can advertise your placement opportunity free of charge with us. The recruitment process is as follows:
- You choose the application process and the student applies direct to you
- We provide a comprehensive support programme throughout the entire placement for both employer and student
- Students can start a 12 month placement between late June to September and are available for the full 12 months
- Aston University have a dedicated Placements Office which is on hand for advice and support throughout the year
- Each student has a Placement Tutor who will visit and support them as they undertake their placement year
Register your interest via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0121 204 5299 to discuss the benefits of a placement student