I first joined Aston Business School in September 1999, as a Sessional Lecturer. I continued in this role until September 2012 when I was appointed as a Teaching Fellow, working on a part-time basis.
Prior to joining Aston I worked as Head of HR in a large manufacturing organisation. I then left to set up my own consultancy business, which I still run.
I am a Lay Member of the Employment Tribunals, sitting in Birmingham.
I carry out a number of roles for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, including:
- Consultant Editor – Employment Law for People Managers
- Contributor to HR Inform, which includes writing all case law reports and the monthly newsletter
- External Verifier for level 3 and 5 programmes
- Examiner for Employee Reward
- Writing of training materials for ‘Law at Work’
- Author of CIPD Factsheets
- Author of case studies for the Case Study Club
- Tutor on employment law programmes at levels 3, 5 and 7.
Academic Lead, first year programmes (ABS)
BH3308, Employee Relations and Legal Issues in HRM
BHM349, Employee Relations in Context
BHM350, Employment Law