Head of Group
Work & Organisational Psychology Group
- 1985 BSc in Psychology (2:1) Nottingham University
- 1992 PhD in Psychology
- Thesis title: Job values and expressed attitudes to organisational change
- Aston University, Senior Lecturer, 2004-present
- University of Gloucestershire, Senior Lecturer, 2003-2004
- University of Derby, Senior Lecturer, 1995-2002
- University of Leeds, Lecturer, 1990-1995
- Chartered Psychologist and Graduate member of BPS
- Academy of Management 2009
- Member of the Higher Education Academy 2001
- International Association of Applied Psychology 2000
- Chartered Member, CIPD 1988
- Davis, A. J., Parkes, C. L. & Budhwar, P. (in press) Bridging difference – National and Organisational Adaptation for Responsible Performance. International Journal of Human Resource Management.
- Parkes, C. L. & Davis, A. J (in press) Ethics and Social Responsibility – Do HR Professionals have the ‘courage to challenge’ or are they set to be permanent ‘bystanders’? International Journal of Human Resource Management.
- Nigah, N., Davis, A. J. & Hurrell, S. A., (2012) The impact of buddying on psychological capital, work engagement and turnover intentions: An empirical study of socialization in the professional services sector, Thunderbird International Business review. 54, November/December. 892-905.
- Markovits, Y., Davis, A., Fay, D., & van Dick, R. (2010). The link between job satisfaction and organizational commitment - Differences between public and private sector employees. International Public Management Journal, 13(2), 177-196.
- Markovits, Y., Ullrich, J., van Dick, R. & Davis, A. J. (2008) Regulatory Foci and Organizational Commitment. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 73: 485-489.
- Dawson, J. F., Gonzalez-Roma, V., Davis, A., & West, M. A. (2008) Organizational Climate and Climate Strength in UK Hospitals. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. 17 (1), 89-111.
- Gautam, D. K. & Davis A. J. (2007) Integration and Development of Human Resource Practices in Nepal. Employee Relations. 29 (6), 711-726.
- Markovits, Y., Davis, A. & Van Dick, R. (2007) Organizational commitment profiles and job satisfaction among Greek private and public sector employees. International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, 7 (1), pp. 77-99.
- Aycan, Z., Budhwar, P., Davis, A.J. & Al-Hamadi, A. B. (2007) Cultural Orientations and Peference for HRM Policies and Practices: The Case of Oman. International Journal of Human Resorce Management, 18 (1), pp. 22-32.
- Davis, A. & Blass, E. (2007) The Future Workplace: Views from the Floor. Futures, 39, pp. 38-52.
- Gautam, T., Van Dick, R., Wagner, U., Upadhyay, N. & Davis, A. J. (2005) Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Organizational Commitment in Nepal. Asian Journal of Social Psychology 8: 336-345.
My research interests centre around the relationship between the individual and the organisation. From an occupational psychology perspective this covers issues such as organisational commitment, identification, and the nature of the psychological contract. From an HRM perspective, issues of organisational justice, managerialism and the (mis)use of power in organisations become prominent.
On the undergraduate programme, I am module leader and teach on Theories and Practice of Human Resource Management (BH2212). I am currently Associate Course Director for the Joint Honours Psychology and Business BSc Programme. From January 2008-June 2009 I held the role of Associate Dean: Undergraduate Programme in Aston Business School.