Associate Dean : Learning & Teaching
Operations & Information Management Group
Download full CV in PDF format.
- 1996 Certificate in Education, University of Central England
- 1996 PhD (Operational Research) University of Salford
- 1987 BSc Joint Honours in Mathematics & Computer Science, University of Salford
Lecturer, Aston Business School (1997-Present)
Lecturer, University of Central England (1995-1997)
Research Assistant, University of Salford (1987-1995)
Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning, Aston Business School
Research Interests & Consultancy
- The use of Data Envelopment Analysis in Performance Measurement
- The development and testing of spreadsheet models
- Use of computer aided learning packages and multimedia in Teaching/Learning
BN1106, Business Decision Analysis
BN1113, Business Decision Analysis
BN2226, Advanced Spreadsheet Systems
BN3373, Data Envelopment Analaysis
Refereed Journal Articles
Driouchi, T., Bennett, D., Simpson, G. (2009) Path dependent contingent-claims approach to capacity investments. European Journal of Operational Research, 201(1), 319-323.
Simpson, G. (2007) A cautionary note on methods of comparing programmatic efficiency between two or more groups of DMUs in data envelopment analysis. Journal of Productivity Analysis, 28, 141-147.
Simpson, G. (2005) Programmatic efficiency comparisons between unequally sized groups of DMUs in DEA. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 56, 1431-1438.
Simpson, G., Essex, A. (2011) Does attendance matter?. Good Practice Guide. Aston University.
Simpson, G., "Approaches to learning and self study materials in quantitative subjects," ABS/HELM Learning and Teaching Symposium, Aston University, Birmingham, UK (March 2010).
Simpson, G., Brewster, C., "Project Clio: News Quiz," ABS/HELM Learning and Teaching Symposium, Aston University, Birmingham, UK, (March 2010).