- B.Eng. (Hons) (SUNY Stonybrook)
- M.Sc. (Polytechnic University)
- M.B.A. (Hons) (New York University)
- Ph.D. (Warwick)
research and teaching focuses on strategic marketing, new product
development and entrepreneurship. He is also an Associate Professor at
ALBA (www.alba.edu.gr) and serves
on the board of the European Business Plan of the Year Competition.
Vasilis' papers have repeatedly appeared as the most downloaded papers
worldwide on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
has spent several years in Silicon Valley as an entrepreneur and
intrapreneur serving at senior level marketing positions. He has
extensive experience in marketing innovative products, product line
management and international sales. He was more recently with 3Com
Corporation directing the marketing and business development functions
of the enterprise business unit and started his career at IBM's
prestigious T.J. Watson Research Center where he earned the division's
- Theoharakis V., and Hooley, G. "Customer Focus and Innovativeness: Their Differing Roles in New and Old Europe" International Journal of Research in Marketing, 25 (1) 2008.
- Theoharakis V., and Sajtos, L. " The Service Dominant Logice: an MC21 Project view), Australasian Journal of Marketing, 15 (1), 2007.
V., Vakratsas, D. and Wong, V. " Market- Level Information and the
Diffusion of Competing Technologies: an Exploratory Anaysis of the LAN
Industry", Research Policy, 36 (5), pp. 591-806. 2007.
V., Voss C., Hadjinikolas G., and Soteriou A., " Insights into Factors
Affecting Production and Operations Management (POM) Journal
Evaluation, Journal of Operations Management, 25 (4), pp. 755- 956, 2007.
- Oltheten E., Theoharakis V., and Travlos N., "Faculty Perceptions and Readership Patterns of Finance Journals: A Global View", Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 40 (1), 2005.
G. and Theoharakis V., "Attainment of Competitive Advantage by the
Exporter-Importer Dyad: The Role of Export Offering and Import
Objectives", Journal of Business Research, 57 (4), pp. 329-337, 2004.
- Theoharakis V., Vakratsas D. and Wong V., "The Relationship between Market Share and Information in a High-Tech Industry" , Review of Marketing Science, 1 (2), 2004.
- Ballas A. and Theoharakis V., "Exploring Diversity in Accounting through Faculty Journal Perceptions", Contemporary Accounting Research, 20 (4), pp. 619-644, 2003.Axarloglou, K. and Theoharakis V., "Diversity in Economics: An Analysis of Journal Perceptions", Journal of the European Economic Association, 1 (6), pp. 1402-1423, 2003.
V. and Hooley G., "Implementing Relationship Marketing: Organizational
Resources Enabling Service Responsiveness: Evidence from Greece", Industrial Marketing Management, 32 (8), pp. 695-702, 2003.
- Theoharakis V. and Skordia M., "How Do Statisticians Perceive Statistics Journals", The American Statistician, 57 (2), pp. 115-124, 2003.
V. and Wong V., "Marking High-Technology Market Evolution through the
Foci of Market Stories: The Case of Local Area Networks", Journal of Product Innovation Management, 19 (6), pp. 400-411, 2002.
V. and Hirst A., "Perceptual Differences of Marketing Journals: A
Worldwide Perspective", Marketing Letters, 13 (4), pp. 389-402, 2002.