- PhD - HEC Paris, France
- MSc in Management [Grande Ecole] - Essec Business School, France
Dina’s main research interests lie in the areas of visual communication, media reception, and consumer research. Her doctoral research focused on the effects of cognitive resources impairment through tiredness on the way consumers perceive and process visual information contained in advertisements.
She conducts other research projects dedicated to visual communication reception, rituals of visual consumption, pop culture legitimization process, or sustainable marketing education.
She has presented her research at a number of international conferences, including the Association for Consumer Research, the Society for Consumer Psychology, the American Marketing Association, the European Conference of the Association for Consumer Research, the Consumer Culture Theory conference, the European Marketing Academy conference, the Academy of Marketing, and the French Marketing Association.
Prior to joining ABS Marketing Group, Dina held positions as junior market researcher and junior product manager in the FMCG sector.
Position of Responsibility
Director of Research Degrees in Marketing
Dina currently teaches postgraduate MSc Integrated Marketing Communications (BMM640) and Experimental Marketing Research (BMM655).
Recent Journal Articles
- Bascoul, G, J Schmitt, D Rasolofoarison, L Chamberlain, and N Lee (2013), ''Using an Experiential Business Game to Stimulate Sustainable Thinking in Marketing Education'', Journal of Marketing Education, Forthcoming.
- Atalay, SA, HO Bodur, and D Rasolofoarison (2012) “Shining in the Center: Central Gaze Cascade Effect on Product Choice”, Journal of Consumer Research, 39(4): 848-866.
Recent Conference Papers
- Feiereisen, S., Rasolofoarison, D., de Valck, K., Schmitt, J. (2013) “The End of Stigma? Understanding the Dynamics of Legitimisation in the Context of TV Series Consumption”. Association for Consumer Research, Chicago, USA.
- Feiereisen, S., Rasolofoarison, D., de Valck, K., Schmitt, J. (2013) “The End of Stigma? Understanding the Dynamics of Legitimisation in the Context of TV Series Consumption”. European Association for Consumer Research, Barcelona, Spain
- Atalay, S., Bodur, O., and Rasolofoarison, D. (2012). “Center of shelf attention: understanding the role of visual attention on product choice”, Association for Consumer Research, Vancouver, Canada.
- Bascoul, G, Schmitt, J, and Rasolofoarison, D (2011), ''Consumers' biased perceptions of the environmental impact of products: influence on advertising efficiency'', Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference, Coral-Gables, Florida, USA.
- Schmitt, J., and Rasolofoarison, D. (2011). “Disentangling individual and contextual shopping motivations”, Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference, Coral-Gables, Florida, USA.
- Schmitt, J, and Rasolofoarison, D (2010), “Les motivations pour le magasinage : Démêler les impacts des motivations individuelles et des motivations liées au context”, French Marketing Association Annual Conference (AFM), Le Mans, France.