I specialise in contract law, corporate law and commercial law, particularly arbitration, banking law and competition law. I have a particular research and teaching interest in comparative corporate governance and regulation and comparative contract law, particularly formation issues.
Current research includes contractual remedies, particularly damages for breach of contract and remedies for contractual misrepresentation. In addition to a number of academic journal articles, I am writing a monograph, Damages in Contractual Claims for Hart Publishing. Other key research includes the work on contract formation with Professor Michael Furmston (Contract Formation: Law and Practice, Oxford University Press) and contributions to Annotated Companies Acts, editor Professor John Birds, also for OUP.
- Poole Jill, Casebook on Contract Law, tenth edition, Oxford University Press. Linked companion website
- Poole Jill, Textbook on Contract Law, tenth edition, Oxford University Press. Linked companion website.
- Poole Jill, Contract Law Concentrate: Law Revision and Study Guide, Oxford University Press. Linked companion website.
- Poole, Jill, (with Prof. M.P. Furmston and Prof. T. Norisada), Contract Formation and Letters of Intent: A Comparative Assessment, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 1998. ISBN 0-471-95238-9, pp. 322.
- Undergraduate: Contract Law
- Postgraduate: Comparative Corporate Law, Comparative Contract Law, International Arbitration.
- Executive Education and Consultancy: Contract Law and Contractual Remedies.
- I have also taught Contractual Remedies on the BVC and the following at undergraduate level: Company Law, European Law, Banking Law and Land Law
I have supervised PhD students, and am willing to supervise future suitable applicants, with interests in the following areas:
- Contract Law, including comparative
- Corporate Law, corporate governance, including comparative
- Domestic and international arbitration
- Banking Law