Lecturer in Economics
Economics and Strategy Group
Qualifications & Education
Ph.D., Economics, State University of New York at Binghamton, USA, 2011
BS2220 Introduction to Econometrics
BS2242 Principles of Microeconomics
Current Research Funding
Natural Science Foundation of China, “Migration Decision of Coastal Manufacturing Firms Based on a Regional Dynamic Comparative Study of Cost Efficiency: The Case of Pearl River Delta,” with Rui Zhang and Subal C. Kumbhakar
- Subal C. Kumbhakar and Kai Sun, 2013, “Derivation of Marginal Effects of Technical Inefficiency,” Economics Letters, forthcoming.
- Christopher F. Parmeter, Kai Sun, Daniel J. Henderson, and Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2013, “Estimation and Inference under Economic Restrictions,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, forthcoming.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar and Kai Sun, 2012, “Estimation of TFP Growth: A Semiparametric Smooth Coefficient Approach,” Empirical Economics, 43(1), 1-24. (lead article)
- Rui Zhang, Kai Sun, Michael S. Delgado, and Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012, “Productivity in China’s High Technology Industry: Regional Heterogeneity and R&D,” Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 79, 127-141.
- Rui Zhang, Kai Sun, and Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012, “Re-examination of the Growth Mode and Structural Change of China’s Manufacturing Industry,” Economic Theory and Business Management (in Chinese), 5, 80-90.
- Kai Sun, Daniel J. Henderson, and Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2011, “Biases in Approximating Log Production,” Journal of Applied Econometrics, 26(4), 708-714.
- “Constrained Nonparametric Estimation of the Input Distance Function”
- “Does Institutional Quality Affect Firm Performance? Insights from a Semiparametric Approach,” with Sumon K. Bhaumik, Ralitza Dimova, and Subal C. Kumbhakar
- “A Semiparametric Approach to Estimating Financing Constraints in Firms,” with Sumon K. Bhaumik and Subal C. Kumbhakar
- “Semiparametric Smooth-coefficient Stochastic Frontier Model,” with Subal C. Kumbhakar
- “Have Banks Grown Too Large?” with Subal C. Kumbhakar and Diego Restrepo-Tobón
- “Estimation of Productivity in Korean Electric Power Plants: A Semiparametric Smooth Coefficient Model,” with Subal C. Kumbhakar and Almas Heshmati
- “Determining the Importance of the Ownership Effect in Firm Performance,” with Nigel Driffield and Yama Temouri