Economics and Strategy Group
Education and Professional Qualifications
- 1997 PhD New Right Think Tanks and English Local Government Nottingham Trent
- 1991 BA (Hons) Politics with History Wolverhampton
Currently leads the following modules:
Programme Director Management & Strategy
Dr Kelly is interested in supervising work in the following areas:
- Business and government relations
- Political consequences of globalisation and the global financial crisis.
- Public policy and governance.
Audit Commission: Guiding, steering and regulating local governance' Economic and Social Research Council Award R000223154 1999 - 2000
Regional Management: A consequence of multi-level governance and meta-governance? ESRC Research Seminar Series 2005 with Leslie Budd Open University Business School
(2007) The Curious Absence of Inter-Municipal Cooperation in England. Public Policy and Administration, 22 (3)
(2007) Reforming public services in the UK: Bringing in the Third Sector. Public Administration 85 (4)
With Taylor I.H. (2006) Professionals, discretion and public sector reform in the UK: Re-visiting Lipsky. International Journal of Public Sector Management, 167 629-642.
(2006) Central regulation of local authorities: an example of meta-governance', Public Administration 84 (3) pp 603-621.
(2003) The Audit Commission. Guiding, steering and regulating local government. Public Administration 81 (3) pp 459-476.
(2000) Labour's modernization of local government. Public Administration 789 (3) pp 593-612.
Work in Progress
- Interdisciplinarity and Public Policy
- The Public Policy of Obesity
- Exercising Meta-Governance in Central-Local Relations in England: the Role of Knowledge Creators and Knowledge Brokers
Membership of Professional Bodies
Political Studies Association www.PSA.ac.uk