- MSc Operational Research and Performance Management (2012), Aston University, Birmingham, UK
- BSc (Hons) International Business and Economics (2007), Aston University, Birmingham, UK
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice (entitles to recognition as a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, in progress for 2014 award)
- Learning and Teaching Certificate (entitles to recognition as an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2013)
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Practitioner level (2010)
- Prince2, Practitioner level (2009)
Academic group affiliation
- Doctoral Researcher, Economics & Strategy Group
- & Research Associate, Enterprise Research Centre
Year of entry
2011 (for 2014 PhD award)
“Business Performance and Business Support in the English Regions: developing an analytical and evaluation framework using firm-level longitudinal data”. ESRC Case Award, case partner: UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Business support, SME, small business, data linking, English regions, Business Link
Professor Mark Hart
Membership of professional societies
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (Fellow from 2014);
- Regional Studies Association, Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
Sessional Lecturer for
- 2013/14: BS3352 Value Based Strategy, BS3357 Entrepreneurial Management
- 2012/13: BS1102 Economic Environment of Business, BS3357 Entrepreneurial Management
- 2011/12: BS1102 Economic Environment of Business, BN1105 Quantitative Techniques, BS3357 Entrepreneurial Management
Other relevant information
Approved Researcher for the Secure Data Service UK.
Prior to commencing his PhD in 2011 Cord-Christian worked at BT in its Global Services section, undertaking a number of roles in the Business and Contract Management area with European and later global clients, and progressing to the Unit Business Manager. This final role involved looking after the financial side and commercial supplier matters for one of the BT units working on the NHS National Programme for IT Local Service Provider programme. Whilst at BT he also undertook and completed his part-time MSc. http://uk.linkedin.com/in/ccdrews
Conferences and other presentations
Drews, C-C. & Hart, M. (2013); “Measuring the Long-Term Benefits of Business Support?”. Paper (to be) presented at the Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE) Conference 2013, Cardiff.