ECONOMICS AND STRATEGY GROUP (ESG)
The seminars are held on Wednesdays from 13.00 pm to 14.00 pm in SW1109, South Wing (11th floor), unless otherwise stated.
If you have any questions please email either Dr Jun Du email@example.com or Dr Gary Burke firstname.lastname@example.org ; to confirm your attendance: O.Doughty@aston.ac.uk
Tuesday 22 October, Council room, G45 - Navid Sara: Are all Islamic banks equally Islamic? A comparison of GCC banks' choice of financial instruments.
30 October - Dr Zheng Wang (Hull University Business School): From One to Many Central Plans: Drug Advertising Inspections and Intra-National Protectionism in China.
13 November - Dr Chris Jones & Dr Yama Temouri: Tax Havens and Firm Performance
20 November - Cord-Christian Drews: Impact evaluations and the importance of timing.
27 November – Dr Anna Grosman: The good, the great and the independent: implications of board and ownership structures on investment.
4 December – Dr Fabrice Defever (Nottingham University): China's Pure Exporter Subsidies (joint with Alejandro Riaño)
11 December –
Meng Song: The effect of intellectual property rights and market competition on foreign firms' innovation in host countries: evidence from China
Osama Al Sabbagh: Asymmetries in fuel retail markets and volatility: new evidence from the UK
WORK AND ORGANISATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY (WOP)
The seminars are held on Wednesdays from 12.00 pm to 1.00 pm at South Wing (8th Floor), unless otherwise stated.
If you would like to attend please contact Jenny Thompson (email@example.com).
- 13th November: Georgina Randsley de Moura (University of Kent)- “Social Identity Processes in Organisations”.
- 14th November: Mike Pitts (Technology Strategy Board)- "Sustainability".
- 27th November: Fiona Patterson (City University)- TBC
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING (F&A)
If you would like to attend these seminars please contact Shereen Awan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 22nd November: Björn Hagströmer and Lars Nordén (Stockholm Business School)- "The Diversity of High Frequency Traders".
- 29th November: Chendi Zhang (Warwick University)- "Information sharing, creditor rights, and corporate debt maturity".