Welcome to Aston Business School. Our global reputation means that just under a quarter of our undergraduates are non-UK students, representing 74 countries. The breadth of appeal means that we receive applications from countries such as Vietnam, USA, India, China and Kazakhstan.
This international diversity is increasingly reflected in the international focus of our programmes, which include many internationally themed modules.
Gain graduate-level work experience
If you are an international student (outside of the EU), you have the option of studying for either three or four years. If you decide to study on a four year degree, you will be able to undertake a placement. This means you will be working in a graduate level position for one year providing you with the opportunity to gain valuable commercial experience and to earn a salary. The placement year takes place in the third year of a four year degree. Although not compulsory for non-EU students you are positively encouraged to undertake the placement because of the additional experience and skills you are able to gain.
We also run an exchange programme which provides international students at our partner institutions the opportunity to study at Aston Business School.
Our International Office staff regularly visit a number of countries to participate in Higher Education exhibitions and college visits, giving you the chance to talk to someone in person. Details of forthcoming visits as well as further information for international students on fees, accommodation and student welfare can be found here.
The Aston Business School is pleased to announce several scholarships of £1,000 each in value for each academic year of undergraduate studies and £500 for the placement year.
Scholarships are available to international students entering one of the full-time BSc programmes in 2013/4 detailed below. Scholarships are awarded competitively to help with the cost of tuition fees.
A complete list of the qualifying programmes can be found at www.abs.aston.ac.uk/newweb/programmes/undergraduate/degrees.asp
(Please note that the International Foundation Year does not qualify)
How to apply
Applicants holding conditional or unconditional firm offers should write a letter of application and a letter of motivation (500 words) along with providing an academic reference supporting the application. The applicants or the applicants’ representative should submit the complete application to:
The Admissions Tutor – Academic Excellence Award
Aston Business School
Undergraduate Admissions Office
Fax: +44 (0) 121 204 3197
Please ensure that you state your full name, UCAS number and your contact details including correct email address as they appear on your UCAS form and the name of programme you have applied for. Without these details scholarship applications cannot be considered.
Scholarships are allocated on academic merit and scholarship applications will be considered in conjunction with your academic application via your completed UCAS form.
Please label your essay “Undergraduate Scholarship Application Letter of Motivation” at the top of the first page.
1. Scholarships to the value of £1000 are for each year of undergraduate study for a maximum of three years. The scholarship for the placement year is £500.00. The maximum total scholarship over four years is therefore £3,500.
2. The scholarship will be awarded as a reduction in academic study fees – no cash alternative is available.
3. Scholarships are only available for international students who are self-funded. UK and EU applicants and students sponsored by an organisation are not eligible.
4. To be eligible applicants must place Aston as their Firm choice institution through UCAS and Aston must have been notified of this decision by UCAS.
5. Applications must be received by post, fax or email before June 28th 2013. An email acknowledgement of receipt will be sent.
6. The Aston Business School Scholarship Panel will make their decision by 31st July 2013. Successful applicants/their representatives will be informed whether they have been successful or not by 31st July 2013 by email correspondence.
7. The decision of the Aston Business School Scholarship Panel is final. No further discussion will be entered into and there is no right of appeal.
8. The Aston Business School Scholarship Panel reserves the right to conduct a telephone interview with suitable candidates.
9. For successful applicants the award will be evaluated on an annual basis and is dependent upon students passing all modules on their first attempt. Students who repeat a year will not be eligible for a continuing scholarship. In cases where they is a dispute over the definition of this rule, the Scholarship Panel's decision is final.