1. There must be a special agreement between the two institutions, which allows for the exchange under certain conditions.
2. Students must be nominated by their home institutions.
3. The language of instruction at Aston Business School is English.
4. Students seeking the double degree on the Aston Business School MSc Programme should achieve a minimum of 550 in the GMAT test (Graduate Management Admission Test) and a TOEFL score of 105 for the internet-based test with a minimum score of 25 in writing and speaking and 23 in reading and listening or an IELTS score of 7.0 overall with no less than 7.0 in writing and speaking and 6.5 in reading and listening or a Pearson Academic test score of 68 overall with no less than 68 in writing and speaking and 61 in listening and reading.
5. Students enrolling for one or two terms will not necessarily be required to take the GMAT or TOEFL tests but will have to provide a guarantee from their school that their level of English is adequate (as outlined in point 4.) and sufficient to meet the demands of an English-taught Masters programme. Please note that overseas students wishing to join Aston and travelling on a Tier 4 visa will need to provide an IELTS or TOEFL score. Overseas students travelling with a Student Visitor visa will be able to use a letter from their school.
6. The MBA programme is not available as a double degree. However, students already attending MBA programmes at partner institutions may study selected modules on the Aston Business School MBA programme. Applicants should have a minimum of three years relevant work experience and shouldachieve a TOEFL score of 105 for the internet-based test with a minimum score of 25 in writing, speaking, reading and listening or an IELTS score of 7.0 overall with no less than 7.0 in any section.
7. Under the terms of the exchange agreement, students joining the MBA will not be charged a fee for the basic programme. However, they can expect to have to pay up to £600 to contribute towards the cost of certain items including textbooks and other learning materials.
8. Students seeking to enrol on the MSc in Finance & Investments, the MSc in Investments Analysis, the MSc in Accounting & Corporate Management, the MSc in Operational Research and Performance Management, the MSc in Business and Marketing Analytics, the MSc in Business Analytics & Information Systems Management and the MSc in Enterprise Systems & Business Analytics will have to provide additional documentary evidence of strong quantitative skills (e.g. transcripts from classes préparatoires) as well as a background in economics.
9. Students enrolling on the Aston Business School MSc in International Business will have to cover the cost of the study visits organised for this programme if they wish to attend them. Students enrolled on the MSc in Strategy in International Business who select to study the BFM636 -Advanced Topics in International Business module where attendance to a Study Visit abroad is an option, will have to bear the full cost of the visit if they wish to attend.
10. Exchange students are enrolled as full-time students and must agree to abide by the Aston University’s General and Special Regulations and Programme Requirements as laid down by the Postgraduate Learning & Teaching Committee of Aston Business School.
11. Students enrolled at Aston are not permitted to follow courses of study at their home institution, or to take assessments at their home institution during the taught part of the Aston Business School course. However, if required, special arrangements can be made for assessments to be taken at Aston.
12. Students must ensure that their chosen course of study at Aston complies with the requirements of their home institution.
13. Students will only be able to register for the modules that are prescribed by their home institutions in order to gain the required amount of credits.
14. The value of Aston modules varies between 5 and 15 ECTS credits. The maximum number of credits per term for students enrolling for 1 or 2 terms is 30.The maximum number of modules students can register for per term is 5.
15. Students seeking the double degree on the Aston Business School MSc Programme must follow the prescribed syllabus of their chosen course and cannot substitute modules from other courses.
16. IMPORTANT: If students are required to re-sit exams, this will take place in September and at Aston University as we cannot arrange overseas exams.