Aston University is better placed than most institutions to help businesses in the region to survive in these turbulent economic conditions and to prepare for the recovery. Our long tradition of collaborating with business, industry and the public sector means that we have the knowledge and experience to give your company a welcome boost. Here are just some of the ways that we can help:
1) Aston's research makes a significant impact on individuals, organisations and society in general. Our research is frequently applied to 'real life' situations, for example through knowledge transfer or consultancy. Our Business Partnership Unit is the link between our academics and companies of all types and sizes and can provide you with guidance on how best to set up collaborative activity with Aston that can help your business innovate to survive and to grow.
2) Aston is the lead partner in the regional innovation voucher scheme (the INDEX project), that enables the region's small-medium enterprises to benefit from £3000 of research and consultancy from any of the 13 Higher Education Institutions in the West Midlands. Have a look at the range of case studies showing how many companies have used this scheme to make a difference to their business.
3) Aston Business School is hosting a range of seminars throughout 2009, in conjunction with Aston Science Park, aimed at advising businesses how to 'Survive the Credit Crunch'. These events may just be the source of the idea your business requires.
4) History shows that recruiting talented, enthusiastic graduates is an excellent way of combating economic difficulties and ensuring that businesses are ready for recovery. Aston produces outstanding graduates, thanks to our professionally relevant degrees and placement years. Our excellent Careers Service works with employers to determine how we can help them to market themselves and their opportunities to Aston students and graduates; we pro-actively market Aston University and the quality of its graduates to recruiters; and we provide a range of events to allow employers and students to meet and network. In 2007, 83% of our students entered graduate level jobs - the 8th highest percentage in the UK.
5) Around 70% of our students take a placement year. This gives them a head start in their careers but importantly gives your business access to fresh young talent who can make an immediate impact, as well as developing a future new loyal employee.
6) Aston also hosts Graduate Advantage, an Advantage West Midlands-funded regional project which provides a mechanism for businesses to find students for paid full-time and part-time work placements, summer internships or graduate placements.
7) Aston has a vibrant Continuing Professional Development programme aimed at ensuring that professionals from a range of sectors to develop new skills relevant to the changing business world and are able to maintain the highest levels of knowledge needed to develop your business.
8) Aston's Foundation Degree Centre specialises in developing bespoke foundation degrees which enable employers to directly address skills gaps and issues in their workforce, to improve productivity, efficiency or innovation. They are delivered locally to the business.
9) Better business models and processes and leadership and management will be needed to survive and grow. Aston is lead partner in the EREBUS scheme, which enables small-medium enterprises to access business research and consultancy from Aston Business School, Warwick Business School, or the University of Birmingham Business School to help understand and improve your business.
10) Our Executive Education activity delivers flexible, customised programmes for personal development aimed at all levels of management in any type of organisation. Executive Education equips people with tools and techniques to develop and grow. Our programmes, whether a short course in leadership based around your organisational challenges or a Diploma in Management situated in a series of business critical areas that your organisation might face, Aston Business School programmes are designed to meet both individual and organisational requirements.
11) And if you are looking for somewhere in the city to host a management meeting, a sales activity, a supplier event then Conference Aston provides everything a business could want from a conference facility. The Aston Business School Conference Centre is a four-star hotel with award-winning food, outstanding meeting rooms and lecture theatres, all at reasonable prices and in the heart of the city centre.